"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

What I wore (almost) totally thrifted edition #4 Seeing Polka Dots...




Ruffled polka dot top $4, Seven for All Mankind trouser jeans (YES!! Sevens!!!) $3 + $10 to have them hemmed, blazer H&M $2, red flats Gap $2, mustard purse Nine West $2, belt F21 $2.50 (bought at F21).
Outfit total= $25.50!



Everything but my belt and bracelets were thrifted.

The Sevens were such a score! The previous owner took out the bottom hem (they must have been really tall!) so I had them professionally hemmed for $10. Paying $13 for Sevens is a super steal, since retail price would have been around $150!



Polka dot top Gap $4 (thrifted), coat Delia's $2(thrifted), scarf (thrifted) $2, jeans Macys $40, rain boots $25 Marshals, earrings Target $5, cashmere leg warmers made by me here $2, link: DIY leg warmers
I got some low lights in my hair so I can wear my hair extensions again. In case you were wondering how my hair grew 3 inches overnight : )

Outfit Total= Not that thrifty....

Lets just say instead........ Outfit Total= CUTE!

I guess I was in the mood for polka dots this week. Do you ever find yourself in the mood to wear certain patterns or colors all week?



Check out my tips for getting the best deals and finding the goods at thrift stores here: Thrifting 101


Happy Wednesday Folks! Have a blessed week!


Sweet Serendipity





dressed on a dime



Momma Go Round

pleated poppy

8 comments:

Van @ The Clothes We Wear said...

I adore the second look! Your plaid jacket is tops on my list of items to thrift. And whadda deal. OH! By the by, not only are you crafty with the scissors, you're also a thrifter and a mama. I'm you newest fan. Been meaning to dig out my leg warmers and now you've inspired me.

Karen said...

After your inspiration I went to a thrift store and lost my patience. I need to go back with plenty of time and bring my sister along for an extra set of eyes. You look gorgeous and I can't get over how cheap it was. I would shop all the time if I was only paying a couple bucks per item!

Object of Maya*ffection said...

CUTE outfits! You got some great deals!!

Linda Z said...

You are such an amazing thrifter! Love what you put together here. And I love the leg warmers you made!! I have a holey sweater, and you've given me such a great idea!! Thank you! :)

Katie @ My Darling Days said...

Love your outfits and can't BELIEVE you got those Sevens for $3... teach me your ways!!! haha :)

kibbygirl said...

Oh boy.. I absoulutely love both outfits!! Great thrifting :)

candy's clothes closet said...

I just want to say that you have ADORABLE style! I love that you are able to find such great clothes thrifting! Stay Fashionable! Love,Candy
www.candysclothescloset.blogspot.com

Anna said...

love all these outfits! you are super stylish!!!


www.simplystylishmom.com