"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

what i wore.... why i post pictures of what i wear.

I post pictures of what I wear not because it is important or I am a fashionista (obviously not!), it is because simply when I dress better, I feel better. I know as mommies of little ones, or just busy women, we often put ourselves and our looks on the back burner. We make sure our kids are groomed before school and our hubby looks handsome for work. It's so easy just to throw disheveled hair into a pony and remain in yoga pants all day (don't get me wrong there are times when that is certainly acceptable.) But, I find when I spend time putting together an outfit, and doing my hair and makeup it makes me feel like I am a priority too. Like I am important. And just because I am only going to the doctor and the grocery store doesn't mean I cant look my best for the ones I love. I think the hubby likes the fact that I like to look pretty for him. Of course he thinks I am pretty with no makeup and in yoga pants, but I know he appreciates the extra effort. 

Also, those times I am looking into my closet and I am thinking I have nothing to wear, I can go through my blog archives and remember outfits I liked from past posts. So, that is why I pose like a weird-o in front of my house while my 9 year old takes pictures of me.


I stepped up my game this week and really tried to put some interesting outfits together.


I hope you like them!

Sweater Antho, lace dress Maurces (store in Idaho), belt Anthro, tights F21, booties Dr Scholls Macys.

I Love this belt I got from Anthro!



I wanted to wear something a little out of my comfort zone and so this outfit came to be. I really ended up loving it!
Top F21, shorts F21 thrifted, belt F21, tights thrifted, boots Steve Madden Macys, watch TJ Maxx, jewelry Stella and Dot.




Top and sweater (Anthropologie) via a local consignment shop, black jeans F21, boots Steve Madden Macys, watch Fossil gift,  jewelry S and D.




Top Maureces, pleather jacket F21, jeans Abercrombie, shoes Lucky, jewelry S and D.

Happy Wednesday! 


Have a blessed week!




Momma Go Round


pleated poppy

g*rated


monday mingle


7 comments:

Daisy said...

wow great outfits! I adore your flower belt, it's just gorgeous.
The outfit with the polka dots and shorts is so cute, love it!

Makaila said...

Girl, I am feeling you! Since participating in "WIW", I have stepped up my wardrobe and updated my look (trying to anyway!). AND my photographer is my 11 year old and I feel Ridiculous standing out front going vogue in front of the neighbors too! :)

I hope you're planning to do something crazy cool for when you hit "100" followers, cause I'm off to be it!! ;)

Liah said...

How lucky are you to find Anthro items at your local thrift store?! Your F21 outfit looks expensive. I think it's the choker that is giving that effect.

Object of Maya*ffection said...

LOVE the F21 outfit the shorts are FAB with the tights! I so wanna try this look!

Kristin said...

J'adore the polka dots look! So sweet!

Melissa said...

I love the outfit you picked out for stepping out of your comfort zone, super cute! All of your outfits are really designer, who would think most are used! Love it!

Kara @ Mine for the Making said...

How stinkin ca-ute are you?! I love every.single.outfit. Seriously LOVE. Thanks so much for linking up this week! Stop by tomorrow to check out the featured divas ;)

Kara
www.mineforthemaking.com