"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Smothered Southwestern Chicken





I came up with this chicken recipe after hearing "plain old chicken again?"

This recipe also follows the Trim Healthy Mama guidelines if you want to know what I am talking about you can read my review of the book here: Trim Healthy Mama Book Review.

If you know me you know I don't measure anything, which is why I don't bake. I am going to give you estimation of measurements and you can tweak it to your personal taste. I would love to hear how you tweaked it and how it came out in the comment section of this post!

 This recipe fed the four of us with leftovers for my lunch.

4 large chicken breasts butterflied and seasoned with s&p or whatever you please
1/2 cup diced fire roasted tomatoes with green chiles
4 pieces of cooked crispy bacon 
1 cup pepper jack
cilantro for garnish




After you cook the bacon don't even think about throwing away the grease! This is what you will brown your chicken with and it will impart a delish flavor.



After browning your chicken bake at 350 till cooked through. Mine took 30 minutes.
Next add tomatoes, bacon and sprinkle with cheese. Broil till the cheese is melted and gooey.
Garnish with cilantro.


I served mine with a salad on the side. It was yummy and not the least bit "plain old chicken" tasting.

If you are on the THM plan this is an S dish. 

I also want to note there is a small amount of sugar in store bought bacon which is usually a no no for THM however this recipe calls for such a small amount  it will not spike your blood sugar. I checked on the THM Facebook page to make sure it was okay!

I really hope you enjoy it!

Blessings, Nicole

Linking up here: Five Days Five ways

No comments: