"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Monday, May 7, 2012

Slow Cooker Mexican Shredded Chicken





This is so simple you can hardly call it a recipe. It's easy, quick and yummy. I make this on busy weeknights when I have only a few minutes to get dinner on the table. I use this chicken for burritos, tacos, quesadillas and nachos but sometimes I just serve it on rice with a simple salad on the side. It is very versatile.








2 lbs of chicken thighs or breasts (I prefer thighs)

1 cup of your favorite salsa

2 cloves of garlic (optional)

I added one bell pepper (optional) because thats what I had in my fridge. 

Salt and Pepper 

Simply dump all ingredients into slow cooker and cook on high for 3 hours. Remove from slow cooker 
and shred with a fork and add back in juice (the salsa turns into a yummy juicy sauce) to your liking
I told you it was easy!


What are your go-to busy week night dinners? Or any favorite slow cooker recipes? 

Please do share!

1 comment:

Jen J. said...

Nicole, I have a similar one, you can take the chicken right of the freezer in the morning, throw in salsa, a whole stick of cream cheese, can of black beans (or any beans), bag of frozen corn and optional can of green chilies and cilantro. Cook it on low for 8 hours and pull the meat apart in the sauce, it's great on everything you mentioned above and it's my hubby's favorite crock dish.
I am looking forward to trying yours!