"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

DIY Fabric Covered Boots



I saw these cute fabric covered boots on one of my favorite blogs A Beautiful Mess. I Pinned them and waited to find a pair of boots that would work. When I scored these babies at Khols for $15 I knew they would be perfect!

I choose a polka dot fabric because I thought it would go with a ton of outfits, but the fabric options are endless!


Supplies: A good quality glue, Mod Podge, fabric and an exacto knife.

There wasn't very detailed directions to follow on the original post. And it was very difficult to get the fabric to lay right. You don't want any wrinkles. So I cut a rectangle and ended up cutting out pieces so it fit really snug.
This is what it looked like.


  
Apply the glue liberally to the area you want to cover and place your fabric. 
Smooth out any wrinkles and let dry.


Cut around the edges with your exacto knife. 


Coat with Mod Podge to prevent fraying and to protect the fabric. 


Let dry.


I am seriously obsessed!!!

I mean how cute are these?

My total cost for this project was under $20 including the boots!

Blessings, Nicole

1 comment:

Amanda said...

ADORABLE!! Officially going on my to-do list!!