"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Friday, October 7, 2011

Homemade "Hot Pockets" for School Lunches




I try to give the kiddos a little variety for school lunches. So I am always thinking of new things I can make beyond the normal turkey or PB&J sandwich. Having to please two opposite taste buds can be quite tricky sometimes. But these "Hot Pockets" please Mr. Picky and Mr. Refined Pallet alike. 

Simply pop in the oven or microwave in the morning and wrap in foil to keep warm till lunch time. 

I also make a pig in a blanket using the same method.


Start off with store bought dough. Let it sit on counter for at least 30 minutes. Then roll out about as thin as you would a pizza.

Then cut it in half vertical, then in half horizontal, then into quarters. That way you get pretty even pieces of dough.

Put a slice of your favorite lunch meat and some grated cheese (about a tablespoon) in the center of the dough.

Fold in half and crimp the edges. It will look like a half moon. 


Cut a few tiny slits in the top of the dough for steam to escape.


Brush with egg wash (one egg and 1 tsp. water, beaten).

Bake at 400 degrees for 10-17 minutes till golden brown. You can also freeze these bad boys too!


Growing Up Gardner

2 comments:

Fresh Steps said...

Yummy! Looks good I want one right now! I love what you are doing on your blog! I love you!
Melissa

Babes and Sages said...

Nicole, you won the giveaway over at my blog. Send me an email with your shipping info and I will get it out to you asap :) Congrats!

Sophie @babesandsages

babesandsages@gmail.com