"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Monday, August 15, 2011

My baby is staring kindergarten and some motherly sentiment.


How is it possible that my baby is staring kindergarten? It is certainly the start to a new stage in our lives. I cant help the bitter sweet feelings welling up inside me. Of course I am thrilled to do simple things like grocery shop alone without being suckered into buying spiderman gummy snacks or Cheetos. But at the same time I will miss my little guy sitting in the shopping cart pretending to shoot innocent patrons with his pointer finger.  When I drop him off for his first day of school tomorrow there might be some tears, but I know it only prepare me for more moments like these slowly letting go of one stage, cherishing the old, but also looking forward to the new. 

Goodbye my baby, you just said your first word and you will repeat that word one hundred times.

Goodbye my baby, you took your first step and you will get into everything.

Goodbye my baby, you are going to preschool and you will make beautiful pictures.

Goodbye my baby, you are starting kindergarten and you will have lots of friends.

Goodbye my baby, you won your first game and you are filled with accomplishment.

Goodbye my baby, you bought your first car and you will make your momma very nervous.

Goodbye my baby, you met a  sweet girl and you are head over heals  in love.

Goodbye my baby, you are getting married and it is the happiest day of your life.

Goodbye my baby, you have your first beautiful baby and now you will have to start saying goodbye.

 Written by: Myself





No comments: