"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Friday, May 3, 2013

Healthy Peanut Butter Cup "Milkshake"


I love anything peanut butter but when it comes to peanut butter cups I simply can't resist!

This recipe just popped in my head today and it was too yummy not to share.

It is dairy free and sugar free and trust me you won't miss it!

This recipe also fits into the guidelines of my food plan Trim Healthy Mama (THM) you can read more about it here: http://nicole-blissfullyblessed.blogspot.com/2012/12/trim-healthy-mamabook-review-and.html 

I really don't measure anything but here is the general measurements adjust to your personal taste.

A handful of ice
2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1 or 2 large scoops of vanilla protein powder (I used THM approved protein) depending on your brand of powder.
1 large tablespoon coco powder
1 large tablespoon peanut butter
2 tablespoons Truvia
a dash of vanilla extract

Blend till smooth and enjoy!

PS. If you follow the THM plan this would be considered an S however you could make it an E by using less peanut butter.

Blessings, Nicole

Linking up here: Five Days Five Ways

14 comments:

Momma Roar said...

Will be trying this tomorrow as the soaked oatmeal didn't go so well this morning, but I ate it! LOL I guess I added too much acv last night because that is all I tasted. I like it in my ggms, but not oatmeal! :)

Blessings,
Leigh Ann

Melissa said...

Would using peanut flour instead of peanut butter make it FP?

jennifer-anne said...

No matter how I figure this up it comes out to be an S. My almond milk is 5 g of fat for 2 cups...I think that alone takes it out of FP category. Once I count the chocolate and pb flour I am a solid S. Is there anyway to make it an FP or an E? Thanks...it is delicious!!!

Stacy Makes Cents said...

This looks delish!
You could make this into a FP by using 1 cup of milk and 1 cup of water...and then peanut flour. I can't wait to try it! Sometimes I add peanut flour to my Fat Stripping Frappa and it's SO GOOD!
Thanks for linking up to Trim Healthy Tuesday!!

Dawn said...

Going to the kitchen now to figure out how to make this a fuel pull (already had enough E in my lunch so I need to keep it low) - what a great idea!

Stacy Makes Cents said...

You were featured on Trim Healthy Tuesday!!! :-)
http://www.stacymakescents.com/almond-flour-brownies

Unknown said...

Have you looked at PB2? It is powdered peanut butter with 85% of the fat removed.

Shannon Sikes said...

Looks really good! I think that you are S as the recipe is written, but lowering the fat would make it a FP not an E because there are not enough carbs to make it an E.

BeeBubbaBella said...

This is soooo good. I have had such huge failures with shakes on THM and this is a hit! Thanks so much for sharing.

Unknown said...

I added more cocoa and peanut butter and this was excellent! Just what I wanted! Thanks! :)

Jenn said...

Very yummy. I accidentally used double the chocolate and I will make it again!

Unknown said...

This is 1 serving right? ?

Unknown said...

I am still looking for a good dairy free protein powder. What one did you use? Thanks!

Kim Stoliker said...

Thank you for sharing this. It is amazing. My husband and I just started THM in June, so I am always looking for new things to try. This is definitely going to be on our favorites list! Can't wait to try the almond joy shake!