"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Recovery Update #2

I had my first post op appointment today. Things are healing well. 

My incisions are looking great. Speaking of incisions, if I get another laparoscopic surgery involving my belly button, I might need a belly button lift. Kidding....but seriously, do they have those? 

Since they had to give me stitches in my rectum....that is even gross to type!  How about we will just call them my butt stitches. There is at least a little humor in that. Since they knicked my butt and had to give me butt stitches, my doctor needs to keep a close eye on me. I have to see her every week for the next few weeks. I seriously don't even feel the butt stitches at all, but I guess if they come out there is a big problem. So, I will be seeing her a lot over the next month or so.

And that's all I have to say about my butt stitches.

 I'm actually feeling really good over all, considering I've been out of the hospital merely a week. I'm able to taper off on my pain meds a little at this point. I'm getting around pretty well. I look a little hunch back esque when walking, but I'm getting there.

I have to take it easy for a while. Short walks are approved but, lifting anything over 12 pounds is a big no, no. If you really think about how many things are 12 pounds it really limits me. Carrying laundry baskets, vacuuming, grocery shopping, basically all my "mom duties". Poor me right? But I have 3 boys! So, I will be delegating the lifting to them and do what I can.

I tend to get bored and frustrated just sitting around, silly I know. So, I have been reading, drawing and watching Once Upon A Time on Netflix. Great show by the way!

You know you are bored when you are making cartoons of your animals complete with thought bubbles and captions.



Have a good week!

Blessings, Nicole


3 comments:

Debra said...

Your a trooper! An artist too. It was great to be with you and the fam! I love you Niki,

Mom

Susan said...

Glad to have an update and that you are healing well! :)

Kelsea said...

Ah, yes! Netflix is perfect when you're not that mobile! :) Hoping your healing process goes smoothly!