"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

DIY Monogramed Hurricane Vase

I printed out a font that was about 6 in tall on computer paper. Then I traced the letter onto an adhesive stencil sheet.  Next I cut it out.

This stuff is awesome! I would wear gloves though. My skin is still pealing!

I applied the stencil on the vase and painted on a thick layer of etching cream. It is supposed to cure for 5 minutes but I recommend letting it sit a bit longer.

Wash with soap and water.

How pretty would these be with lemons or candles in them!

I am totally obsessed with monograms and I think they make wonderful personalized gifts for all occasions.

I made three vases for both my sisters and mother in law for Christmas and filled them with candy.


The Shabby Nest

five days five ways | feature friday free for all

3 comments:

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

How pretty is that?? Looks so Pottery Barn!

Melissa said...

I love it! I always wanted to try that but haven't got to it yet. Really cute!

Abbie said...

So elegant! What a big impact for such a simple project!

Well done! : )