"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Saturday, June 9, 2012

A Lovely Vintage Polka Dot Dress



I found this lovely vintage polka dot dress at a local store. I spotted the white polka dots from ten feet away. I pulled this beauty from the rack and promptly crossed my fingers that it would fit! I tried it on and not only did it fit, it fit like a glove! 

No label to be seen. I actually think it was homemade and maybe from the 50's or 60's.  I can imagine a girl asking her mother to make her a dress for an upcoming church picnic or event. Maybe she wanted to impress a certain gentleman ; )....... Of course her mother kindly obliged, and made her this fabulous polka dot frock. Needless to say, she impressed the said, "certain gentleman" and later they were wed.  Can you tell I have a wild imagination? 

Who knows, maybe it's possible. But, I know it was only $11!! 

I paired it with a yellow belt and oxford heals, both thrifted. this outfit only cost $15 from head to toe!

I hope you all are having a great weekend!