"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Hush, be still.

   



Sometimes I feel lost and almost stranded in a storm. Sometimes I feel alone and afraid. I have had chronic pain and digestive issues for almost two years now. I have tried just about EVERYthing. Dozens and dozens of tests, diets, endless medications, supplements and even surgery has proven to be unhelpful. 

    Sometimes I feel like maybe I am crazy and it's all in my head. Sometimes I feel like I can deal with it and go on with my life, other times I worry I may have a serious condition that might be slipping through the cracks. What if I get worse? What if I have pain forever? So many "What If's" linger..... 

Then I hear God say, "Hush, be still" and I realize He is taking care of me and He loves me.  Knowing this gives me faith and so much peace. I can stop the "What If's" and trust in Him. When I am reminded of this the storm clouds disappear and sun starts to shine again. Everything is calm.
    


Mark 4:35-41
On that day, when evening came, He said to them, “Let us go over to the other side.” Leaving the crowd, they took Him along with them in the boat, just as He was; and other boats were with Him. And there arose a fierce gale of wind, and the waves were breaking over the boat so much that the boat was already filling up. Jesus Himself was in the stern, asleep on the cushion; and they woke Him and said to Him, “Teacher, do You not care that we are perishing?” And He got up and rebuked the wind and said to the sea, “Hush, be still.” And the wind died down and it became perfectly calm. And He said to them, “Why are you afraid? Do you still have no faith?” They became very much afraid and said to one another, “Who then is this, that even the wind and the sea obey Him?”

1 comment:

Karen said...

Such a beautiful photo! I will pray for answers for you. Your post came at a perfect time for me. I have been dealing with health issues too and stressing over the care I have been receiving. I need to "hush and be still" He will take care of it all. I need to leave it all in His hands. Thank you for this today!