"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Memorial weekend. Giving back.




Happy Memorial Day! I am beyond grateful for those who serve our county so I can be free. Free to even write this blog post. I am thankful for all the sacrifices our soldiers make for our freedom.

If you wonder what you can do to help serve them. Let me tell you about Soldiers Angels. A friend of mine told me about this and I immediately wanted to sign up. It is a commitment to adopt a soldier and send one letter a week and at least one care package a month till their term is up. Our soldiers name is Irene and it has been our pleasure to send her letters, drawings, cards and goodies. It is really the least we can do to give back and serve the ones who serve us. Have a wonderful weekend!

www.soldiersangels.org



No comments: