"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Monday, January 2, 2012

New Years Renewal

     I am not the New Years resolution type of person. The truth is I am not that excited about a new year right now. The past couple years have been very difficult for me. This time of year brings back memories of the past years and their hardships are ingrained in my mind. I am trying to focus on the positive but the negative seems to take over. Maybe because I have had a horrible painful month with my mystery illness. Maybe because I miss my family. Maybe because I need God right now and He feels so far away. Maybe because the weather is gray. Maybe because I worry too much. Maybe because I am stressed from all the above. 

I need renewal...

So I pray God can make this year a year of renewal for me. A year of strength and courage. A year of contentment in my situation. A year of growing closer to my heavenly father. A year of leaning on Him and not my own understanding. 

But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31



2 comments:

LeRaven said...

Amen.

girl willow said...

I think I found you through WIWW...and now I've spend like 45 minutes reading your blog ;) I love it :) Seriously, you have some amazing thrifting skills!! I want to thrift where you thrift! Looking forward to reading more.
I LOVE that verse in Isaiah...so grateful that in our weakness, He is stronger :) And I hope that 2012 is, for you, a season of renewal.