"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Thursday, January 3, 2013

DIY Camera Strap Cover


I wanted a fun camera strap for some time now so I decided to make a cover for the one that came with my camera. That gives me the opportunity to be able to wash it and change it out for another material when I feel like it.

I had this cute fabric I scored for pennies at the thrift store and I knew it would be perfect!

This is seriously an easy sewing project and only took me about 15 minutes. 

Believe me if I can sew it, it is SIMPLE!





I cut about 1 1/2 times the length of the strap and I gave myself plenty of room (for seam allowance) on the width. 

I  just eyeballed it using my old strap.




First I hemmed the sides for my elastic. This gives a nice tight fit. Make sure you make plenty of room for that elastic to pull through. Again, no measuring I eyeballed it.



Pull elastic through and secure with some stitches.



Then bunch it up and grab your strap to make sure your elastic is tight fitting. Then, again, secure the other side with a few stitches and cut any excess elastic. 



Should look like this. 
Next fold the right sides together (inside out) and sew along the length of the strap cover. 







Here is what it will look like after you've pulled it right side out agin.


It was a snug fit and that is a good thing, no slipping out of place.

Next pull your strap through.


Done.

So simple but cute, cute, cute!

And so easy you can make a few to match your outfits or mood.


five days five ways | feature friday free for all

No comments: