"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Grace

I posted a while ago about having some tough stuff going on in my life. When I say tough stuff I mean huge hurdles left and right.When it comes to myself I am an open book. Sharing my issues is actually a release for me. I just need to get it out!

But I respect the privacy of others so I will not elaborate on any specifics with regard to this situation. But I wanted to tell you all of God's grace and love that has been shown to me through it all.

Have you all had a time in your life you simply couldn't find a reason to get out of bed? Well, that was exactly how hopeless I felt. I was feeling bitter and angry. It was not a good place to be and surely not a good example of a Godly mother or wife. But with much prayer and some tears shed. My heavenly father was there and granted me grace. Not just grace for me but grace to give to others. And slowly but surely my sadness, anger, and resentment faded away into grace and love.

The definition of grace:

In Christian theologygrace has been defined as "the love and mercy given to us by God because God desires us to have it, not because of anything we have done to earn it",[1] "the condescension or benevolence shown by God toward the human race".[2] It is understood by Christians to be a spontaneous gift from God to man - "generous, free and totally unexpected and undeserved"[3] - that takes the form of divine favor, love and clemency.


What an amazing gift from Jesus!

Hebrews 4:16 Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.

Hebrews 12:15 See to it that no one fails to obtain the grace of God; that no “root of bitterness” springs up and causes trouble, and by it many become defiled
Grace is a gift we don't deserve but a gift given by a Father who loves his children. I pray everyday the Lord will show me His grace that I may have a heart spilling over with it. 

Thank you all for reading this and letting me share my heart. 

I pray that you may be touched and blessed by it.

Blessings, Nicole

2 comments:

Debra said...

Beautiful! I am so proud of the Godly woman you have become! To God be the glory of what He can do for us, in us and through us!

Love,
Mom

Cerissa said...

Thank you for sharing this! I am always encouraged by your blog. The way you share your faith is so easy and sincere. I love that you share specific verses and they were a blessing to me to read them. Thanks!