"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Too busy for breakfast biscuits


We still have a very busy schedule even in the summer and I am NOT a morning person. So every so often I make a batch of these biscuits to throw in the toaster in the morning. Because who has time to make bacon, eggs and biscuits during the busy week. They are one of the Hubbys favorite morning, afternoon or even evening snacks. They are so yummy and easy to make.



4 strips of bacon
5 eggs divided
salt and pepper
2 1/4 c. baking mix 
1 c. milk
1 c. shredded cheese

Preheat oven to 425. Cook bacon in frying pan and put aside to cool. Scramble 4 of the eggs in bacon grease and set a side as well. Mix 1 egg, milk, cheese, bacon (crumbled), and scrambled eggs to combine. Bake on a greased baking sheet for 10-14 minutes till golden brown. FYI I am sure you can freeze them if you want to make a double batch, because trust me you will wish you made a double batch! Enjoy!



No comments: