"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Overnight Chicken Stock Recipe

Chicken soup with homemade chicken stock is like homemade ice cream. Once you try it you know how good it can really be. Then suddenly that store bought stuff just doesn't look appealing anymore. And may I mention how incredibly nutritious it is? It is truly a healing food.

Here is my recipe for the easiest stock you will ever make.

1 bunch of parsley
3 carrots
4 stalks of celery
2 cloves of garlic
1 onion cut in half
sea salt to taste
a teaspoon of pepper corns
half a chicken
and lots of filtered water

You put all the ingredients into your slow cooker and fill to about 3 inches from the top with water. Don't even bother pealing anything, you will strain it in the morning. I would suggest washing all the produce before cooking. Set your slow cooker to low-10 hours. I set mine just before bed. 




I love waking up to the smell of comforting broth. Strain and keep the chicken for soup, discard the veggies. Feeding them to my chickens seems just plain wrong. You can use your stock in a variety of recipes and it freezes very well too. Enjoy!

No comments: